In this Policy, "us", "we" or "our" means Smarter Connect Ltd, the Lex Connect Website and any related bodies corporate.
1. Collection of Non-Personal Information.When you visit this website, our server may obtain a record of your visit and log information for statistical analysis to help us improve our website, such as:
• your server address
• your domain name (for example .com, .co.uk, .gov, etc)
• the date and time of your visit to the site
• the pages you accessed and documents downloaded
• the previous site you have visited
• the type of browser you are using
2. Collection of Personal Information.This website only collects personal information from you if you choose to provide this information to us. If you do not provide us with the information that we request, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services. For example, if you do not register as a member of our website, you will not be able to access features or services that are reserved for members only.
Information collected may include your name, photograph, email address, telephone number(s), social and professional networks, employer, job title, professional details. We may also collect personal information about you from third party websites where, for example, you log in using credentials from another service and consent to us accessing information held about you for the purposes of registration and/or listing on our site.
3. Access and Correction. We will, in accordance with the requirements of any applicable laws, provide you with access to personal information you provide through our website for as long as we maintain that information in a readily accessible format.
4. Use of Information. The information collected by this website is used for the following purposes:
• enabling you to create and/or maintain an account with us, and customising the service we provide to you and other users;
• enabling you to share your information and communicate with other users, or provide your personal details to third parties offering combined services with us;
• processing transactions, responding to your inquiries and otherwise corresponding with you;
• for other purposes permitted by your organisation's subscriber agreement(s) (if any); and
• for the administration, review and/or the improvement of our services and/or the content of our website.
We may contact you to provide updates on content on the website that we think may be of interest to you, in response to your comments or inquiries, as part of the maintenance of your account with us (if you have one), or in order to complete a transaction that you requested.
We may also contact you to inform you of other products or services we think may be of interest to you, but we always offer you an opportunity to opt not to receive such communications.
5. Third Parties. We may disclose personal information, and you consent to us disclosing your personal information, to third parties:
• in order to make a disclosure or complete a transaction that you requested or where third parties are engaged by us to perform functions or provide products and services on our behalf, such as processing credit card and electronic payments, mail-outs, debt collection, marketing, research and advertising;
• that are our agents, business partners or joint venture entities or partners;
• that advertise, sponsor or promote any competition, product or service that we conduct or promote via our website;
• that are registered users of the website;
• authorised by you to receive information held by us;
• as part of any investigation into you or your activity, for example, if we have reason to suspect that you have committed a breach of any of our terms and conditions, or have otherwise been engaged in any unlawful activity, and we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to any relevant authority, law enforcement body, your internet service provider or network administrator;
• as otherwise permitted by your organisation's subscriber agreement(s) (if any);
• as part of a sale (or proposed sale) of all or part of our business;
If you choose to make information available to other people through messages, status updates, forum discussions, electronic mail messages, blog postings, your profile (if any), registering for an event, responding to advertising or by joining groups or using other networking functions that we may offer on our site, this information will be visible to these third parties. Please take care in deciding what information you choose to make available through these mechanisms, as we do not control the manner in which recipients or persons who may see the information may use or re-disclose the information that you choose to provide.
You agree that we may use and disclose non-personal information for any purpose and by any means whatsoever.
7. Links. This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices, security or content of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site to read the privacy policies of each and every website that collects personal information. This Policy applies solely to information collected by us.
8. Notification of Changes. If we decide to change this Policy, we will make the changes directly to this page so our users are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it. We will use information in accordance with the version of this Policy that applies at the time when the relevant information was collected.
9. Sharing of Non-Personal Information. We may share non-personal statistics and information with third parties for the purposes of further enhancing or developing our services. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
10. Administrative Type Email Communications. You may receive administrative emails that are related to the usage of our service. Such emails are necessary for us to provide our services to you. You may therefore not opt-out of administrative emails. Our administrative emails will not have any marketing, promotional or advertising material(s) in them.